Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by DINK
All one has to do is read the threads here. One poster has a new $1000 Kimber that won't run hardball. Read MOGC post about his 1911 starting to break parts at 770 rounds. There are post after post about a finicky 1911's. There not finicky they do not work.

Every pistol guy likes the 1911, even me,but the hard true facts are alot of them will work with nothing but hardball and even then will have malufunctions.

The OP stated that this gun was for CCW. I doubt he wants to go through three,four or five 1911's before he finds one that will work. If you want a pistol to work out of the box all the time bet on the glock. Sure there could be a bad glock but the chances of getting one are much lower.

Dink

What about all the threads on many other forums of all the various Glocks that are having functioning problems?

Allow me to point something out genius. How often do people post a thread about their gun working perfectly? People mention that in threads, but I�ve never seen a thread that�s just about someone�s gun working perfectly. If we did such a thing, I�m sure you�d see a ton of responses of perfectly working 1911�s.

But people who are experiencing problems will post a thread looking for help. And another something your pea brain can�t seem to get around. The ratio of 1911�s in America to Glock is about 10 to 1, so by sheer numbers, you�re going to have more problems with 1911�s because there are a ton more of them out there...this is America after all.

It�s the same story with Glock in law enforcement service. You see a LOT more issues reported about Glock�s in LE service than most any other pistol; that�s because Glock has such a large share of the LE market. That�s where you completely lack integrity; you�ll recognize this as being legitimate for the Glock, but you won�t give any other pistol the benefit of the doubt.

Again, you just don�t know what the hell you�re talking about.

Take the post from the last 6 months just on this site. Other than your Glock 36 that did not run and you said it could have been because of your girly hands not being strong enough to hold onto it I only remember one other post other post about a new glock 19 having problems. Now there could have been more but those are the only two I remember.

How many 1911 post have there been about guns not running...hmmm.

There is no way on gods green earth that there are 10 1911's being used/carried to every glock. There might be 10 1911's produced to every glock produced but alot of those 1911's are being collected and not shot or carried.

Kevin I kinda thought you were a gunman but I can tell your really just stupid. I think a pistol with out a manuel safe on it scares the chit out of you and you are jealous of guys that it does not scare.

Dink

You're an idiot; I'm done with you.