Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Originally Posted by ldholton
i may be blasted here but oh well i got thick skin
! the new contoversial bullet here seems to be berger vld hunting bullets not passed judgement on them myself yet but was kinda thinking they work a lot like nosler BT's but yet some of the same people that hate NBT love the VLD is there really much diff in there profomance after striking game ? as for working range in vol. dont know the low vol. for NBT but have seen some where that the VLD is listed at 1800 fps same as ttsx

Mr. Holton,

Where have you seen 1800 fps listed as the minimum recommended impact velocity for TTSXs?

I haven't seen anything from Barnes or any other authoritative source that recommends a minimum impact velocity lower than 1900 or 2000 fps for TTSXs (depends on specific caliber and weight of TTSX). Seems that a lot of people use 2000 fps as their minimum impact velocity for Barnes TSX and TTSX bullets, and I'm sure that's based on discussions with Barnes given what I've gathered from my correspondence with Barnes.
i will go look and see if i can find it and let you know it may be in a barns demo video?
ok i cant find what i was looking for so i called barns to make sure i had not lost my mind they said they test in water down to 2000fps with ttsx and 1800fps tsx so i was thinking backwards but aslo said in s study on a lot of game in the feild they were seeing fine proformance at some what lower vol. with both