Dr,Howell,
<br>Thanks.There is surplus 844 on the market,and I was wondering if the good folks at Hodgdon are still relabeling,or they have contracted the manufacture of their H-335.They have all of the "Extreme" line made for them by Mulwex in Australia.That leaves the 870,414,and 335 to be possibly surplus...
<br>I know of the importer you speak of.I used to swear by one of their powders in .308 Win,untill I opened a new 8lb jug and loaded up my regular load (that is about middle of the chart on the companys own literature.)
<br>And got recoil similar to a .300H&H! The primers were flattened,and several had smeared case head markings.
<br>That's when I noticed the label that said"Made in China" where previously it was "Made in Czech".
<br>I tried reducing the loads from 40 gr to 37gr with 175gr bullets,and still got all sorts of wierd spikes,and accuracy went to dood doo.I even tried the stuff in 6.5 Swede for light bullets in attempt to find a use.Using the Sierra 85's the stuff refused to light off no matter the neck tension or magnum primer.The Garden grew well that year.I went back to H-4895ext,and I ain't gonna stray...except maybe to Varget now and again.
<br>For bulk .223 loads however...
<br>Thanks again!
<br>E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!