Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

The Bergers simply use a different concept of killing....

Interesting...... confused

There are no "different concepts of killing".

All bullets "kill" through the mechanical destruction of tissue and bone...how much tissue is destroyed is a function of their design/build characteristics,impact velocity,rate of expansion,and the medium into which they are fired.

A hunting bullets'first job is to penetrate,second to expand....no necromancy involved.

With soft tissue hits,no bullet "guarantees" DRT....anyone with any hunting experience knows this.

I have no problem with anyone using any bullet they have confidence in....but some stuff I have seen runs pretty contrary to "VLD" wisdom....at one point I had killed 12-13 head of game,pretty much consecutively, that were essentially "DRT"; using various calibers and weights of Bitterroots at pretty high velocity(of course as with all great things, the string eventually ended;I suspect it was as much dumb luck as well as a great bullet).

...this is a bullet that does NOT fragment...at all.....rather, it opens pretty rapidly to a very wide frontal area,holds that broad frontal area until it is stopped or exits;very high weight retention..barnes like...through passage through the animal....

There was plenty of damage,and very dead critters....to claim any of this as "old school" is.....utter nonsense....and demonstrates lack of experience smirk

I have long suspected that this....not fragmentation...is what makes things like BT's and possibly VLD's...to kill quickly...rapid expansion to a broad frontal area within vitals,crushing them rapidly in an area around the wound channel,not shards of core and jacket...problem is we can't "see" this happen,and design characteristics of the bullet do not leave the evidence,because the bullet has been destroyed during its' journey....so we assume this fragmentation created the wound channel....maybe to some degree,but I suspect the bulk of damage is done by the broad face of the expanded frontal area and not by some grenade-like effect....but what do I know? frown blush

I have come to view claims of "magic" results with BG bullets about the same as promises of tax breaks from politicians....both claims can prove illusory..and unlikely to occur.Your notions may vary..... smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.