I bought an M70 Extreme Weather in 300 WSM several weeks back. I pulled it out today to tweak things and weigh everything. Here are the weights of the components:

Complete with Talleys and 3-9 Vari-X II: 7lbs 13.7oz
EW stock (Bell/Carlson): 30.3 oz
Action with Leupie: 5lb 15.4oz

I didn't weigh the action before I mounted the scope but know that Talleys weigh 2.3oz, and a 3-9 Vari-X II Leupie weighs 11.6, making the complete action alone about 5lbs 1oz.

I adjusted the trigger to 3 lbs. It took longer to get the epoxy off than the adjustment. 1 counterclockwise turn and it was done. Zero creep and didn't touch the overtravel at all. Easiest trigger I ever adjusted.

I also sanded the left side of the barrel channel a bit just to make it more aesthetically pleasing. It would pass a doubled over dollar bill but I could see a difference in the barrel-stock gap and "fixed" it in 5 minutes.

I'm also likely to shorten the LOP to 13.5" from the factory 13.75".

I like the way it handles, feels, and cycles shells. It does need a few hundred run through before I pass total judgement but having several other Classic M70's, I'm confident it will perform and smooth out as the rest have.

The rifle comes bedded and appears to be an adequate job. I personally bed the first 2-3 inches of barrel and they only put a pad under the barrel. I may skim bed it but will shoot it first before I do anything else.

For $800-900, they are a very nice rifle. I may put a McEdge on it but want to shoot it a bit. I had a Kimber Montana in 300 WSM and can tell you at 7lbs all up, it wasn't that fun to shoot off the bench. But then again, I may be a wimp.

I'm loading shells this PM and hope to shoot it next weekend, work and weather permitting. Will report back on what I find.

Buy one, you'll like it.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.