I am kinda new to pellet stoves, having just recently purchased a home with a LOPI model already installed.

I know how to clean it, thouroughly, and now know to avoid cheap dime store pellets - learned the hard way like many.

Now using Blue mountain lumber products premium no additives pellets form the local ranch and feed store and these have been suggested to me as a good quality pellet by many who have been running stoves of this type much longer than I. Here is my problem:

Instead of running well for 3-4 days in between cleanings, the stove pellet burning grate will clog up with partially burned or unburned crud caked up and thus preventing a good fire in only 1-2 days. Looks and acts like the tray is full of ashes but the tray is only 1/2 full when this happens. Do I need to shorten up and sharpen up my flames with a higher air flow through my air control stick? Run a higher air fan speed? Less air and a longer slower moving almost lazy flame? What color of flame(s) am I looking for?

Thanks for the reply's and help.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500