You got some accurate rifles there.

The .221 I am currently working with consistently outshoots the others in that family of cartridges I own. I am speaking from the 100 yard mark here. Second most accurate is my old 700 BDL in 222. I have an engraved model 700 BDL in .223 that is close to both, but I actually didn't spend enough time with that rifle to make an honest decision. Also didn't play with enough components either. I took the scope off it and it is now a collector that isn't shot. It's one of my prettiest rifles...

The only one I have yet to play with if the 222 magnum. I'm waiting on an old 700 in great shape

You are correct in pointing out the 222 family. Not an error in my typing, an error in my thought process grin

The 222 was what started it all...

I will admit, as it is an honest observation by me on my shooting of these fine cartridges, that I spent much more time with the .221 than the others. I had some pretty impressive groups with the 221, 5 shot groups that measured in the .2's. But I can't, or the rifle can't, consistently do this. I can consitently get the rifle to go in the .3's and .4's... the target I posted was not it's best, it was actually a target from the day I posted this thread. It got me thinking about starting this thread that day. I actually didn't measure that group, I don't measure many groups anymore. If they cloverleaf or bughole, that's a good shooting factory sporter weight laugh

In better words, out of my rifles, my 221 is my favorite, and is my most accurate. Not necessarily anyone else's of course. I grew a liking to it because of it's rarity. It grew on me very fast due to nobody around these parts having it. Another reason I grew to like it so much was the low powder consumption, yet still being able to do most thing I do with the slightly larger case capacity members of that family of cartridges. It won't go hand in hand with them, but for what I use them for, it does everything they do. For anything more with a .22 caliber pill, I have the swift and others.

I read somewhere, and it sticks well, that "don't make the .221 into something it is not". This hit me right away and there is alot of truth in there...

I'm going to be spending a good bit of time in the near future on a new 204 rig. I'm finishing up some loads on another rifle, in the final tuning stages. Then it's time to play with that one.

Can't cheat the mountain, Pilgrim...