Ahhhhh... Gnoahhh, my friend...

"Different strokes for different folks"... smile

Over the years we've both posted in this Forum, I've agreed with the vast majority of what you've written, but on this, we're at opposite ends of the question.

To me, the whole purpose of a "wildcat" IS a "dramatic increase in performance"... and this seems to be "THE" purpose of most of those who give life to a wildcat.

If you consider those popular wildcats which have eventually become standard factory loaded rounds...the .257 Roberts (Ned Roberts necked a 7x57mm Mauser case down to ,25 caliber) the .22/250 (originally called the ".22 Varminter"... a .250/3000 case necked down to .224"), the .220 Swift (the old 6mm Lee Navy cartridge case necked down to .224"), the .25/06... and many others, in each case, the ballistics of the original cartridges were "dramatically increased".

Among the non-survivors are those cartridges which did NOT yield a dramatic increase in performance.

Thus, the success or the lack thereof seems to be connected to a "dramatic increase in performance".

Buttttttttt... like I initially wrote, "Different strokes for different folks"... and I'll be the first to defend your "right" for your reason(s) to "like" a certain wildcat or have a certain opinion as I would to defend my own reasons for doing the same thing. After all, isn't that one reason why this Forum is so successful... and what this Forum is all about?!? smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...