Hahahahahaha... "burn up all of the band width"... a good one!!!

Your use of the .30/30 Winchester case as your basic wildcat case surprised me. I say "surprised" because I corresponded back and forth for a while with Ken Waters who wrote for Wolf Publications and lives in New Canaan, CT. I wrote to him at his home address in New Canaan, Connecticut.

He did wildcats using the .30/30 cartridge, but most of our correspondence dealt with RL-15 and reduced loads for my .338 Winchester magnum using a 200 grain bullet in my pre-'64 Model 70.

Early in 2000, he wrote a letter to me indicating he'd be willing to sell me his own "Model 99 in .300 Savage complete with an original Stith Install-It-Yourself mount and a Weave K-2.5 (60) scope."

He indicated his rifle was "of 1951-52 vintage (as was my original Model 99 which was stolen) with a brass rotor and good barrel for $475 including shipping."

But before I could say "ok"... my 2 sons, one daughter and my bestest hunting buddy found, bought and birthday gifted to me the pristine 1953 Model 99 (EG) in .300 Savage that I now treasure... and which is my primary deer rifle.

It's a "small world" when it turns out that both you and Ken Waters wildcatted using the .30/30 cartridge case.

It has been good chatting with you, my friend... guess I'd better give this thread back to Polecat, the originator, eh? grin

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...