Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Jim62. I've had the same luck with the older remington ammo that you state, but their new stuff is very much lacking. As far as bulk pack ammo, the federal hollowpoint champions are great in my 10-22. Once again you are correct, don't believe what you read on the internet. The OP needs to try different ammo out for himself.

I have never had much luck with most of the Federal bulk packed HP stuff. I have had decent luck with the "Auto match" but it appears to be nothing more than loose packed Champion/Lighting loads that actually cost more per 500.. So I really don't buy them anymore either.

On the subject of Remington ammo in most of it(except for the Target stuff they source from Eley) is not worth the cost.

In a fixed breech gun, the 550 pack HP loads shoot well.All mine has been made in the last few years.

At about $18 per 550 they are about the cheapest HVHP loads that shoot well in my non auto-loading guns. So I keep plenty on hand just keep them out of auto-loaders. Which mostly get fed non bulk packed CCIs

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt