There are so many variables that go into this it's not even funny. Bone stock, modified, use, etc etc. I for one am a hunter first, informal target shooter second, plinker third. Now when I say informal target shooter I mean I practice. Not just burning up ammo (plinkin) but not slow fire target work from a bench either. What I found in my 10/22's over the years:

Bone stock 10/22's generally don't do much if any better with higher dollar target ammo than with quality hunting ammo. I tested 5 or 6 boxes of various target ammo 10 or 12 years ago and CCI Mini Mags were as good as any although many were very consistent and just as good. But it wasn't gonna pay to buy higher dollar stuff for zero to minimal gain. Yours may like quality Winchester, CCI or Federal but spend much more than $6 per 100 isn't gonna gain you much. CCI Mini Mag HP's became my ammo of choice for anything even remotely serious.

Modified guns are completely different. In many cases, aftermarket barrels may shoot quality hunting ammo worse than the stock barrels but really begin to shine when you start putting high dollar stuff thru em. My 10/22 with a new green mountain barrel is a perfect example. Mini Mags are worse, Velocitors are worse, Federal Bulk is worse. Still need to get some better ammo (Wolf MT is on the top of my list) and put it thru some paces.

Now on to Velocitors....... From my experience 10/22's like em just as well and sometimes better than Mini Mags. Are they the most accurate round? Heck if I know. But for MY USES they are the most accurate and best option more times than not.

CB