I went out and bought a new rifle last week. Wal-Mart had a Remington Model 700 ADL .270 with an el'cheapo scope and sling on sale for $249. I like the CDL version rifles better because I like wood stocks but for that price I couldn't resist. I have a Nikon scope that I'm going to mount on it and get rid of the el-cheapo Bushnell that they had on it. I decided yesterday that I'd go shoot it just the way it was straight out of the box with the el cheapo scope just to get a feel for the gun. I cleaned all the extra gun oil and ran a few patches down the barrel and headed to my range. It shot very well for me and in fact I got some very impressive groups with one brand of factory ammunition. I took several brands of ammo and shot three shot groups with them. I was using sand bags as to prop my rifle on. Here is my averages at 100 yards.

Remington 150 grain Corelokts (round nosed)- 1 1/4"

Remington 130 grain Corelokts - 3"

Remington 130 grain Accutips - 0.651"

Hornday Custom 130 grain SP - 1 1/2"

Hornady Superperformance 130 grain SST - 0.692"

Winchester 130 grain Power Point - 0.573"

Federal 130 grain Power Shok SP - 1 1/4"

I went back and bought 5 more boxes of those Winchester bullets of the same lot number because it was very consistent about shooting those small groups. My question now is, is it worth reloading for this gun since it apparently loves the cheap Winchester Power Points and I'm just going to be hunting deer with it?