Originally Posted by Prelude8626
Thanks everyone for all the great information and you have helped me to go pick the 7br up soon. I had also thought about re-chambering the barrel to 7-08, but had talked to Steve Roe, who I guess is very well known for his work with XP's and what I will be using it for. he said that the 7br would be all I need.

It's hard to get a good clean rechamber on a 7 BR, either going to the 7mm IHMSA or 7mm-08. It doesn't quite clean up the chamber 100%, and can leave a ring on the case. A 284 Winchester will clean up the chamber though.

FWIW, the 7 BR will cover just about any kind of hunting or shooting you want to do. It will take deer out to 300 yards. It doesn't kick much at all. It is also one of the very few handguns that you can get away with shooting in the field with no ear protection.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan