Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by goose2044
If I see two identical rifles on the shelf at a gun shop, one in 270, one in 25-06, the 270 is just not cool in any way while the 25-06 seems just awesome.

Jackoff OC ruined the 270 for me, not because of him or his writings but because of his followers that are still ignorantly stroking his stiff...

I know a lot of intelligent shooters of the 270, but unfortunately there are just too many 270 shooters that absolutely love the round and call it the best ever; trouble is that they have no idea why. For that reason, I can't join the 270 camp. I know, I know, my loss.

Campfire Classic.......Read a lot of criticisms of the 270....this might be the most curious of them all......thinking the people who use it are somehow too dumb to understand why they like it......

I suppose it logically follows, that those choosing the 25/06 are erudite, sophisticated, and highly intelligent....cause they "know" why they like it.......

TFF! grin

Where did I say that 25-06 shooters were erudite, sophisticated, and highly intelligent? Where did I say they "know" why they like it? I also said that I know a lot of intelligent 270 shooters. The same case could be true of 25-06 shooters, one way or the other, though it's certanly not as obvious.

So, show some smarts and quit putting words in my mouth you world class sphincter stretcher!

This is God's universe, and he has a plan. You might think that you have aa better plan, but you don't have a universe.