Randy, I was looking at the Savage section of the Blue Book recently. I have made several adjustment in that section over the years. For example, on the M1899-F carbine, there was a two tier pricing placed there by someone else. One price line is for a standard carbine and the other is for those, "w/small bbl. band." I inserted the statement, "... first variation w/small barrel band is controversial as to whether it exists..." Some guys say they do, other guys say they don't. We know there is a catalog with an illustration that suggest they were made but most believe that they simply carried forward a picture of a M1895 SRC. I thought the best way to handle it was to point out that it is a controversial point. I believe one of the goals of a Blue Book should be to educate. As far as pricing, remember, Blue Book prices are for pieces that don't have ANY issues other than condition wear. I often quote Lauren's statement, "it's always something" and I am in agreement with that statement. It does seem the majority of vintage rifles out there have at least one something if not more than one. Hence, you cannot apply a Blue Book price to a rifle that has a, "something" such as extra tape holes in the metal, added swivels, etc. What this means is that the Blue Book prices are reserved for those minority of rifles where there isn't a, "something." This is the minority of rifles (offered for sale vs. tucked away in safes) out there. In looking at a few prices in the current Blue Book, I will stick to my statement that many of the vintage Savage lever rifles are priced low vs. high. For example, a M99R prewar variation in 100% condition is valued at $695. We are talking a 100% rifle with absolutely no issues and manufactured between 1932 and 1942. $695 hardly seem high to me for such a rifle. Or a M1899C made between 1899 and 1915 in 100% condition listed at $1800. Wow - 96 to 112 year old Savage lever in 100% condition for that price - I think a lot of us would be typing the words, "I'll take it" darn quick wink