Originally Posted by sharps4590
In the class Brent is talking about I doubt they're allowed. Now don't get your shorts all in a wad, it's just that I doubt todays in-lines would meet class criteria. Doesn't matter, it's highly unlikely any of the mass produced in-lines would be remotely competitive with those rifles. They simply won't compare to a Gibbs, Rigby, Wesson or any of the others. It would be akin to expecting one of the old EMF Sharps to compete with a Shiloh or Axtel.

I don't know if they are allowed or not. But the basic fact of life is that a bullet could not care less what sort of action is used to launch it. It only cares that it is launched straight and fast enough (both linearly and rotationally). And the facts are the inlines that SwampChicken claims to have, can't do that. Just cannot.

If you rebarrelled them, no particular reason that they couldn't do that, but as they come out of the box. Not a chance.

And that is why SwampChicken doesn't have a chance in hell. Even if I suck as a Creedmoor shooter, at least my traditional rifles are a few orders of magnitude more accurate than his because they are purpose designed as true LONG RANGE muzzleloaders.

I have seen inlines at Friendship, and I think the rules have been expanded to include them in more events. But the accuracy champs at the longest range (500 yds or 500 m, not sure which) are still the underhammers.

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.