Originally Posted by Jeffpg
I have a chance to pick up a .260 in a very nicely accurized Remington 1st generation Ti from the original owner. It is truly a sweet rifle that I'd like to own, and I only have one simple concern.

I would likely want to take this gem on one of the sheep/goat hunts that I have been building points so long for, and wonder what kind of killing distance I will be able to get out of it for these type critters.

I have been told that it is a good 300 yard deer gun, but I believe it can be loaded with the right bullet to extend that range for a consciensous shooter willing to wait for the right shot.

I have other lightweight rifles that can do the job, but would like to know what you guys think... can I make this little bugger work for me out to 500 yards? Have you experimented with the heavier bullets? I like Accubonds a lot... will the 130 or 140 do what I need? or should I attempt to go heavier?

Thanks for your imput, gentlemen.
..........................In a video posted on this forum about three months ago by John Burns, Wayne Van Zwoll used a 6.5 Creedmoor loaded with a 129 gr Horn SST to take a bull elk at 603 yards. The bull scampered around for about a hundred yards including doing a U turn and dropped. A one shot kill.

The Creedmoor and the 260 Remington are right on par with one another in the velocity dept.

Go ahead and get your new 260 Rem.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger