Originally Posted by tupolevtu95
Hey, it's a free country. If you wish to shoot short, loud unbalanced rifles you have that right. I have no "emotional" investement in barrel length ..... my family and dog are way ahead on the "emotional investment scale"

I am not really concerned about your velocities. Big game cartridges, especially DG ones should operate at low pressure. The Brits figured this out a long time ago and they are still correct.

But if it works for you that's great, just like the guys who take on Elephants with revovers and Buffs with sticks and strings.

I await a Utube presentation of you shooting your 16.5" 338-378 Weatherby........
won't need any artificail lighting ! laugh

........................Yes. It is a free country. And I read, that you assume that my rifles are un-balanced? Ever used one or both of the same two Ruger rifles of which I happen to own? More than likely not. So your "assumption" of being un-balanced, is purely a speculative guess by you! But then again, you don`t need to see or handle what I own because afterall, you are quite the expert.

I can also see that when asked to answer some questions about velocities, you duck the issue. If you`re going to falsely speculate and offer your so-called expert opinion about shorter barreled rifles of which you don`t even own and more than likely have never chrony`d as well, you should at least answer the questions as a matter of substantiating your own credibility. Or! Are you one of these guys, who just types things out on a keyboard, and then when directly challenged by someone who actually owns the rifles of which you know nothing about, you decide to duck the issue.

Not concerned with my velocities? Oh! So you cannot answer the questions uh? Kinda had a feeling you wouldn`t. You`re like a hit and run artist. You hit first and then when disagreed with and directly challenged, you head for the hills.

And by who`s rule "should" DG cartridges be only operated at low pressures? Yours? Hmmmmm! Using max loadings even in 100 degree weather in the desert, I`ve never had any difficulty with bolt lift or had any difficulty in cycling my Alaskan`s bolt. But! You be the expert!

And just to show how un-credible at idiotic you seem to be; you equate guys taking on elephants with revolvers and buffs with stick and strings, equal to that of a hunter using a 20" tubed 375 Ruger to take on the same game? That is quite an idiotic and very dumb statement. Just so happens that the 375 and 416 Ruger Alaskans have quite a successful track record in Africa and in other parts of the world. But! Facts to you, especially those facts you wish to disagree with, is like kryptonite to Superman when you are challenged. You did a very good job,,,,of skating the issue in your last post.

I suppose that you can produce some evidence, some field reports from a PHs, DG hunters, who did use a 375 Ruger in the field in Africa who failed to make a DG kill on buff or elephant with a well placed shot? Of course you can,,,right?

Using the same factory loadings, only about 65 fps seperated my shorter barreled Alaskan from my friend`s 23" barreled 375 Ruger African. But since your the expert, I`m sure that you`ll state, that the extra 65 fps from the Ruger African will make all the difference between success and failure when it comes to DG? Perhaps you can tell Ruger that, tell Hornady that, as well as informing all the other 375 Ruger owners of your expertise.

Of course you are not concerned with answering my velocity questions because you were called out on the carpet.

And you won`t see a U tube presentation of me shooting my 338-378 Bee with a 16.5" barrel. Here`s a fact for ya. With its brake, it has a 28" barrel. But you already knew that because you are quite the expert! Right?

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger