Of course, your aware of the fellow that has a patent on a process now:

http://www.teludynetech.com/

The whole reason I did this thing is I read about his deal in Shot Gun News. This is something I thought about 30 years ago during the great 'polymer unfolding.' I'm sure others have too; it's just too obvious. The butt end of my project has a recoil reduction device that I'm looking into the patent of. Covered with a sock to keep from prying eyes. Best of luck on your adventure and thanks for sharing.

In that I don' t care about a patent my sleeve was pretty simple: a chunk of schd 40 1" aluminum pipe that I took a pipe reamer to make a taper that would set against the shoulder on an issue mauser barrel which is 1.10" dia. Three 8/32 threaded holes for set screws at the muzzle and a sharp 'rap' to the pipe to gall it to the barrel shoulder. Two pours of slow setting low viscosity epoxy (two pours to control shrinkage) and your done. Not a bad idea to seal the sleeve to the barrel from the outside with 5 min epoxy to make sure it doesn't end up all over the floor in the middle of the night!

Regards,
Mark