Please find below photos and comments on bullets that I recovered from game between 1996 and 2009. Bullets recovered from game are shown with a red background, if I had an unfired version of the recovered bullet or one which was recovered from test media they are shown with a blue background.

1996 12 gauge Winchester factory .50 cal sabot slug. The slug was recovered from a large mule deer doe shot at about 100 yards. The slug entered +-8 inches behind the left shoulder area crossed through both lungs, lodged beneath the skin near the scapular humerus joint on the right shoulder. There was little or no reaction to the shot, the deer walked about 40 yards and dropped. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

1996 .338 win mag 200g Nosler Ballistic Tip. the bullet was recovered from a large mule deer buck shot at about 80 yards, the deer was 3/4 facing toward me. The bullet entered the left side of the neck, clipped the spine, passed through lungs and lodged behind the right shoulder, +/- 28 inches of penetration. Instant kill.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]