From what I'm seeing on other forums, and hearing from people, the new Remington made Marlins, And I'm talking .45-70s, are fraught with issues, from installing barrels in Guide Guns, meant for other guns with mis-located dovetails, to offset sights, to extremely rough (unpolished) bolts and feeding levers, to a series of other maladies, that should have been cured with a little quality control. Boils down to simply not caring about what is pushed out the door. The JM Marlin made guns have exhibited great - I mean, great - accuracy, and excellent quality control. Will Remington ever turn out a good product again? I've had issues with 3 Remington bolt guns in 7mm-08. All of the guns different configurations. Mainly accuracy and trigger issues. Fixing the trigger and reloading has not helped accuracy. Sent them all packing. My bolts are now Ruger Hawkeyes. Excellent guns! the foreign company that purchased Marlin and Remington certainly did not do the American sportsman any favors. Ruined two American institutions. There are other companies that were bought out as well by this conglomerate. We'll have to wait to hear reports on them. If you can buy a pre-Remington (aka Remlin) Marlin, scarf one up while you can. They are excellent. My recent ANIB ported Guide Gun (built in 1999) is a prime example: incredible accuracy, very well built, and smooth as silk. Better than most bolt action guns.

Pierre

Last edited by pepi43inpa; 04/25/11. Reason: flow better