Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

If this makes you nervous, you could also do a DIY test in the waiting room of the ER. It could save a frenzied drive.
Your best bet, though, is an allergist. He might find something more serious that you really want to know about.

I thought about advising him to go to the hospital before trying it. I don't like his odds explaining having a friend smear okra on his forearm should he be observed. He'd likely wind up medicated and strapped to a gurney, especially if he was the least bit incoherent. The the next thing you know there'd be thousands of druggies trying to get high on okra, he'd be famous on you tube, and if he didn't react the hospital would still likely charge him a few thousand dollars.

I shouldn't make fun. My wife was discharged from the local hospital with antibiotics. The next morning after taking her meds she tells me her mouth and tongue feel funny. I did a quick check on her and rushed her to the ER which fortunately is only 2 miles away. By the time I got her there she was in anaphylaxis. They had to do a cut down to get a vein that hadn't collapsed to get an IV into her, and she spent a day in ICU and a day on the ward before she was stable enough to go home. She had never shown a reaction to that antibiotic before (exposure came from eating meat raised on antibiotics).

It's a very serious matter if Deerwhacker is allergic to okra.