Still here, still kicking.

I still don't think it was an allergic reaction the okra by itself. This will give you an idea of what I was weedeating. I wasn't even close to the okra, just trimming up the verge on the sides. You can see the little okra plants in the middle of the row.

[Linked Image]

However, an allergic reaction to some of the misc. weeds, now that might be a possibility.

A few days ago, I dug some up and transplanted some of the little okra plants. I was handling them fine without any problems, so I don't think it the okra.

The swelling in my hand is gone, but it's still a little sore on the underside.

I'm betting it was the vibration of the machine working with some undiagnosed type of carpal tunnel/tendonitis or something going on.

Just to be on the safe side,..I better swear off all forms of manual labor till I get it figure out. You know,...for my health.!

grin

Originally Posted by Waders
I was looking forward to offering my two cents, but, until a quick Google search, I didn't even know what okra was! (People eat that stuff??)

You haven't lived till you've had some good fried okra. Not the batter dipped stuff at the Quick-E Mart, the homemade stuff tossed in cornmeal.

I can't think of anything that complements some fresh catfish like fried potatoes and fried okra.

Pickled is pretty good too if you don't mind a hairy pickle.

Originally Posted by stxhunter
fried okra is good stuff. pickled okra is too. just don't eat boiled okra becuase it will be sitting in your chair when you get up to leave.

Never tried it boiled, but I believe you. Okra is loaded with natural fiber.!