Art, I am puzzled just a little bit, Will the epoxy not fill all the pores not allowing an oil finish to penetrate? I am going to try your finish on an old Savage 22 hornet I have lying about, it is a decent walnut stock. I will feel better about epoxy if I practice first. Once the epoxy has set how long should it cure before application of oil. I will use Lin-Speed, have had good luck over the years with this product, and Brownells has it again. Have you ever used a product called West System, this is a two part epoxy that I use on the deck of my race boat and as an adhesive to bond wood. I also have a test area on the Garbage Skow, my fishing boat, that is in an area of crazing in the gel coat. Sanded and trowled in area is as smooth as glass. but I dont see how an oil finish would penetrate and bond to this sort of epoxy. is heating a key element if so I think my bluing rust box would work if I turn up the heat just a bit and let the stock stay in over night. I can control the temp to a degree or so. What are the properties of the epoxy you use, what was it's original intended purpose? I ask to see if the material I have might be similar.
<br>Thanks for the reply.
<br>
<br>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual