Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Steelhead
5' is a small bear, those are cubs.

And a game violation? They have to be at least one year of age, right?

Neither of the smaller ones is any less than the second year of life. I don't know what the regs say for blackies, but brown/griz regs require an animal that has gotten beyond the second year of life. I suspect both the smaller bears are in their second year. However, in KC's defense, he did nothing at all to bolster the size of his bear in the photo. And that's something that is frequently done, even with the big bears - in case anyone doesn't know that. The blocky head of the bigger bear makes it clear that that bear is a nice bear. If they were sealed by F&G and F&G didn't seize either animal, it seems obvious that there were no issues with legality. They aren't generally slow to do what they think they should if they believe a law has been violated. Lots of black bears have made these pages that weren't much to brag about, not just Alaskan bears. These guys look like they had a good time in their hunting. Good for them. I appreciate good hunts and hard-won trophies. But I'd much rather hear about good times and companionship than smarmy "mine was bigger than your's" stories.

Thanks for the clarification. Not ripping on KC, I just would have no interest in taking a bear of that small a size. Now a little pig I would not hesitate.