I'd choose the 1500/Vangaurd also. It has a long successful track record with rifles produced by S&W, Howa and Weatherby. As soon as one manufacture decides to drop production.....another is standing in line to pick it up. This is a very good indication that the design is sound. The 1500 can aslo be bought with a wood stock rather than plastic. Some might not find this an advantage, but it is to me.

Both the Marlin and T/C are really too new to judge, but each has features I DON'T care for. Most are "personal" dislikes, not nessisarily "problems" for others.

The T/C would be my last choice of the three. The stock design is bulky and uncomfortable for me as well as being plastic (which I can't tollerate). A big part of this is because of the detachable magazine that hangs down like a hernia on the bottom of the action. I have no use for detachable magazines of ANY design. Also primarilly a cosmetic flaw to me is the squared off rear of the bolt and the "fat" bolt design. Both are just plain ugly.

The Marlin, although of more "traditional" style, is also saddled with a plastic stock. The "fluted" bolt is something I could do without.....just a place for trash to gather and foul the action. I also don't like the trigger, even thought this general design does shoot very well. I'd much prefer a traditional adjustable trigger instead of one utilizing a "tounge" cluttering the trigger face.

The 1500 is by far the most proven and asthetically pleasing of the three possibile rifles.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know