Hi Guys:

I finished another Class at Thunder Ranch Oregon, a couple of weeks back. here is my delayed review:

The Course Description: �High Angle Rifle Training� is a progression of the Thunder Ranch mid-range rifle course (100 to 600 yards on the flat range). Participants need to be graduates of Thunder Ranch Mid Range or Precision Rifle courses. You must be capable of personal mobility to climb up and down very broken ground while transporting all personal equipment on your person with free hands for climbing. Good success has been achieved in the past with clients using .308 caliber rifles.

COVERED RANGE DECK
[Linked Image]

ERY NICE IN THE RAIN
[Linked Image]

DOWNRANGE VIEW
[Linked Image]

You must be capable of personal mobility to climb up and down very broken ground while transporting all personal equipment on your person with free hands for climbing.

THE TWINS CLIMBING UP ON SATURDAY
[Linked Image]

H.A.R.T.Equipment Good success has been achieved in the past with clients using .308 caliber rifles. A solid rifle is required with strong bases and scope rings. A good uncomplicated scope with external adjustment knobs will provide the best results during the class. Mil-dot or minute of angle adjustable scopes are best with power ranging from 3-4x to 12-16x or higher power as the shooter might require. Additional equipment could be a spotting scope or binoculars, a laser range finder, sling, bipod and a pack that will carry your rifle. Clothing suitable to weather above the 5000-foot elevation and the time of the year.
The smallest lightest equipment that serves its intended function will be best. A note of caution, if you bring it, equipment wise, you�ll be carrying it�up and down the course of fire�please.

DAY ONE: Welcome to ThunderRanch

[Linked Image]

VIEW OF THE THUNDERRANCH
[Linked Image]

8:00 the gate opens and you can come onto the property. Clint runs and T-I-G-H-T ship. The gate opens at 8, not 7:55, not 8:02--8:00.

We get signed in, releases, etc, then Clint begins a lecture--range rules, procedures, dope, expectations, etc. This is followed by basic marksmanship stuff and a focus on the fundamentals. At 11:30 we broke for lunch.

First day and a half is on the flat range with targets out to 900 yards plus the rifle scrambler for different field positions we will get on the ridges.

We shot for record at 100, get dialed in for conditions, 5,000 elevation, 40 degrees and rainy. eek

[img]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff397/williferd/TR%20High%20Angle/IMG_0492.jpg[/img]

By the end of the first day, I had my dope for 1-700 yards. with a head shot at 700 (Miss Heidi was my spotted and walked me in (strong cross wind) in 3 shots).

The 6x6 inch Orange square is the "head shot"

[img]http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff397/williferd/TR%20High%20Angle/IMG_0500.jpg[/img]

DINNER: Some of shooters agreed upon Chinese food for dinner and met at Gee's Hunan Chinese food downtown Lakeview, Oregon. PLATES WERE HUGE!

Four of us arrived on time and ordered. A fifth guy (6'5") arrived and we told him just to get another plate. More than we could eat. Pot Stickers, Curry, Sweet and sour chicken, rice, egg foo young, etc. No small guys in this group, but still . . . ..

The food is standard "American Style" Chinese food. Four stars for service, quality, and portion size. YUMM! wink

continued

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II