Day two:

MISS HEIDI'S TRIGGER SCHOOL:

Heidi, Clint's wife, who is the best field marksman I have ever watched shoot, gave a demo and lecture on loading the bipod, breathing, and related trigger issues. The instructors followed this up with individual work throughout the day.

We also got the first view of the ThunderRanch GAP Rifle:

Link: http://www.thunderranchinc.com/home/index.html

Here is Miss Heidi Breaking it in (yes, the way it shot, its worth the money):

[Linked Image]

This day was similar to day one, lots of time on the flat deck, working marksmanship drills (Shooter 1 fires at 100 steel, then shooter 2, etc, until shooter 9 fires, then shooter 1 moves to 200, etc. All the way out to 700 yards.

Then we moved on to the first "High Angle" shot.

We moved out of the Range deck, and took at 900 uphill shot--I am on the far right, closest to the range deck cover.

[Linked Image]

We were shooting at another 6x6 inch orange square. See it here:

[Linked Image]

LITTLE CLOSER?

[Linked Image]

HOW ABOUT NOW?

[Linked Image]

I got my dope, 900 yards should be 32 MOA in my rifle/load. At this range, and angle, I dropped to 30 MOA. My partner was now spotting the wind for me, gave me a call, I held off--First shot, 1 MOA high. While I awaited the next wind call, the trees STOPPED MOVING (no ind!) Adjust, fire, HIT! Headshots at 900 yards are fun . . . . grin

So ended Day 2, We agreed to got to mexican food. El Aguila real (100 feet from the hotel).

Cerveza, cholesterol, and hot sauce were shared liberally. friendships were forming.

Continued

Last edited by BMT; 06/04/11.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II