Originally Posted by okiebowhunter
All my rain gear is the mt050. I have the light and heavy. Its the best Ive found, but not perfect. Whats Kuiu?

Joseph

Kuiu is a new company started by the founder of Sitka gear. They have some really nice products. The rain gear is top notch. I haven't tried it in a serious downpour yet but I was in moderate rain hiking and did not get wet at all. A first for me. All my other rain gear either keeps you dry from the rain and soaked from sweating or just let's the rain in.
Very comfortable and I wear it for wind protection as well. More money than the MT050 but the Kuiu Chugach rain gear will actually keep you dry. When you get to where you are going shake it and all the water flys off with basically no drying period, MT050 takes a day to dry out once hung in the house. Couldn't imagine how screwed up that would be in a tent.
I didn't want to spend that much on rain gear but after thinking about it I already have four different kinds that none have worked for more than a couple trips and now sit in the closet.
Buy one good set and be done with it.