I've taken deer with most of the 100 grain bullets available in a 260 Rem... and with an MV of 3350 fps...

as dumb as it may seem, my least favorite is the 100 grain partition... surprisingly, unless the animal you are shooting has some bulk to it, that bullet is actually overkill and can pass thru a deer before fully opening up...

if you are going for 200 to 250 lb plus deer or bear, then the 100 grain partition is a good choice...for most deer the 100 grain Hornady SP is plenty fine... as is the 100 grain HP from Sierra...I love the ballistic tip, but I have learned to throttle that back some unless I am shooting long distance with it...

the only one I have not personally experienced, but need to remedy and it looks great is the 100 grain TTSX...

My first pick for a 260 with a 100 grain bullet for deer under 250 lbs would be the Hornady First, the Sierra second, the Ballistic Tip third and the 100 GR partition fourth...

If you can find them, and I have a couple of hundred of them.. is the 105 grain SMP Partition, which Nosler makes for the EuroMarket Factory Ammo.. but can be occasionally found at the Shooters Pro Shop... I have to admit, I have about 500 or more of them... the SMP lead part opens up quicker than the American Market Spitzer Partition in 100 grains...

so for regular sized deer, grab one of the other bullets, or else slow it down, so it won't pass thru before opening up...

if it is a big deer, then go for it, if you can't locate any TTSXs...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez