Originally Posted by Kelk
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't post here much as I don't feel I've got much to contribute. I'll let you all be the judge here, but the above pictures are of a 180 grain PP out of factory Winchester ammo found in the off side hide of a bull elk here in CO. Launched out of a .300WM and the range was 333 yards as defined by rangefinder and sat. measurements. Made a mess of lungs, heart, and off side shoulder. Personally, I can't really complain at all about its performance.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sorry about the blood in the last pic. Had him gutted and rolled out of the soup before I thought about taking good field photo's. Only got the first pic before we gutted him.

Great post Kelk. Great info regarding this bullet and its performance on an elk. It's funny though after you shoot one (atleast for me) its time to get serious and sometimes taking pictures is the last thing you think about blush. I'm thinking, "ok it's time to get dirty now and how the hell am I going to get this SOB out of here??" grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA