Thanks CH,

I will chart a few at known distances. It would be good to know the real external ballistics.
So far, it seems they are dead on the range-lines of my 7mm-RM's Z-600 .

There is no doubt that there are better bullets for elk then the SSTs , I am from the Nolser school myself. Thinking that I have at least 3 boxes of better choices sitting behind a box of SSTs. The SSTs just plain do well in my rifle.

My elk rifle is in the truck right now, it and the dog go everywhere I go. Several ranches I visit will allow an occasional shot at their distant coyote, whistle-pigs (mountain version of prairie-dog), ravens and crows. Those SSTs seem to outshine about any choice available. Having about 220 loaded up (in range brass, the cheap bullets will be perfect to fire form better potentials), in the truck right now. What a year it would be if I have about 20 left come elk season!

And better year yet, if there are still 19 left standing over an elk?

I made the SSTs my go-2 bullet, till I know more about them. Believing in getting real comfortable where they are going to hit at range, the SSTs hooked me with the price (Midway had them on sale, about 2 SSTs for the price of a single Nolser), and sold me with holes in paper.

How wonderful it is to share ideas, as mentioned, I have not shot anything with the SSTs I wanted to eat, yet.
From this discussion, it will be etched in my mind a little deeper to hold for that shot into the bread-basket.

Clinging to my God, and my guns!