Originally Posted by humdinger
Actually I bought a ruger 77 mk II 6.5 swede from the fire classifieds (impulse buy) and it shoots factory ammo less than a inch.

Over the years of buying, helping buddies out in a pinch, and inheriting rifles; I have a pretty mixed collection. 3006, 308, 7mm08, 300 savage, 6.5 swede, 35 rem (bolt action), and 45-70 and I feel the need to purge some because I'm not a handloader and the ammo can be expensive or hard to find. So I am thinking of keeping the mildest recoil rifle in case the wife decides to hunt deer, but it seems like the 35/708/300 sav/6.5 swede all recoil about the same and maybe its a reason to get a 243 (this is madness I say!).

The idea of the swede with a near 243 kick with the penetration of that hefty 140 grain bullet was the reason for the the impulse buy. Plus reading about it from all you rifle loonies out here made me sucumb to peer pressure.

So what would you purge and why? Only need one rifle, well two so I have a backup...

My ex hunted with a 6mm Rem till I had a 6.5x55 put together for her. After that she never fired the 6mm Rem again.