really like your brittany pics on the pic thread, battue... did you hunt the little cocker with your brits? always wondered how that might work out...

my yellow pointing lab, when hunted with my distinctly non-pointing chessie, simply reverted back to his flushing ways... the next time i would hunt him alone, he would go right back to pointing...

a friend of my dad's, who field trialed pointers, insisted that there was no such thing as a pointing lab. after hunting behind pete, he allowed that there was surely one pointing lab...

i raised one springer spaniel for myself, in high school... my dad always kept a pair and bred the occasional litter...

i'm thinking of a pointing breed, actually... i was promised a female pup out of a W.P. Griffon litter a year or so ago, but most of the litter was stillborn, and i lost out...

i have several friends who are sold on brittanies... but they sure cuss them in the field... i don't need the stress....
one friend, who has a ton of money invested in his current dogs, i just about won't hunt birds with anymore... it isn't fun with him being so stressed out....

"Chances Will Be Taken"