300Mag Check with Rick at our Gear Store, (626-627-6362) he can probably answer your questions. If he can't call McMillan. Their Production Mgr is Ryan Melancon (623-582-9635).

Hell I will give it a shot on explaining how they are in my Sako 75 and my 85 Finnlite. The recoil lugs are attached to the receiver and sit in two slots in the stock like a cross + the main lug cut out runs horizontal(across) and the less deep part of the lug runs vertical(with the barrel channel).
The 85 Finnlite is more difficult to explain. A flat piece of steel with a hole for the front bolt sits flat in the stock. In front of that flat piece of steel is a synthetic U shaped part of the stock that fits into a shallow cut out in the receiver. I believe that the 75 is a better made rifle, just my opinion. But it is heavier than an 85. So to make the rifle lighter you will not find as much steel. Being heavy has always been the the knock on Sako rifles. I do like the new ST stock on the Finnlite. I hope that I have not totally confused you. blargon had some good photos.

Have a good evening,

G2