Originally Posted by luv2safari
I know Steve Alley pretty well. He takes great pride in the quality of the product, and I don't know of another of this type that is better.

while i don't know steve personally, my visits with him either on the phone or by email have been great. he is a really nice fellow--and when i have spent time talking to him via phone, i learned a lot about the history and details of their product.

it's really nice to know there are guys out there who bring their products to market--and they build them with great care--wanting the very best for the consumer. steve is that kind of guy--top notch, and eagerly willing to share a wealth of information. i was particularly interested in his knowledge of the reticle history on the site-a-line, and how it ended up being built "as it is today".

if any of you out there desire to own the ultimate collimator--this one is it, and even with regular use in a busy shop, it will last 40-50 years. i once heard it said that, "all of the different companies that endeavor to build and sell their own particular type or brand of collimator--nevertheless, use the sweany site-a-line..."

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...