Originally Posted by Old_Writer
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by T LEE
Try hard as you can to lay hands on a Kel-Tec PMR-30 .22 WMR pistol. Good size, good sights, light weight and comes with 2-30 round magazines.
Are these reliable weapons?
I was supposed to shoot one a few weeks ago, but it broke and had to be sent back to the factory before I could try it out. As soon as it gets back and I've shot it, I'll be able to form an opinion on reliability....

(Oh, and nothing personal, but it would be nice if shooters everywhere could get into the habit of not using the word "weapon" unless referring to scud missiles, cannons, or tanks. The words "handgun", "pistol", "revolver", "rifle", "long arm", and "firearm", all work as well and are far less inflammatory and play less into the prejudices of anti-gunners then that very aggressive word so beloved of TV commentators, "weapon".)
The word weapon can apply to those arms used in sport too, not just combat. It's a broader term than you seem to believe, and I don't give a rat's ass what the word neurotically evokes in the minds of liberals.

"Hoplophobia: A mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons." - Colonel Jeff Cooper