Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I'm not going to modify or dummy down my vernacular to appease the anti's.
Carefully choosing your words doesn't appease the "anti" crowd, but it does immediately take you out of the pool of stereotyped gun owners that the anti-gun crowd loves to portray as ignorant, gum chewing, mouth breathers. Far from appeasing them, carefully choosing your words slaps them across the face with the iron glove of reality.

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If you want to, that's your business.
Well, when I was editing G&A Magazine it was my business to present shooting as a wholesome, family oriented, all-American sport, and I went to great lengths to see to it that nothing appeared in the magazine that could be used by anyone to bring the vast panorama of shooting into disrepute. There was nothing in the magazine that appeased the anti-gun crowd; far from it. They hated us. They hated us not only because of our fiercely pro-Second Amendment stance, but because there was nothing in the magazine that could be quoted on radio, or shown on television, that played into their hands and advanced their anti-gun agenda.

All I'm saying is that we know the buzz words the gun haters constantly use to portray shooting and shooters as "dangerous" or "evil", and that shooters should think twice before using these words. Using words like "weapon" and "killing" when other words will more than suffice merely gives the gun haters more ammunition to shoot down our Second Amendment rights.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne