I gotta report component changes from my original post. I've been shooting a lot, getting ready for season, and my saboted bullet supply has gotten dangerously low. My powder supply of Clean shot was also very low.

Now, I live in Colorado, a non-sabot state, which makes it nearly impossible to replenish one's supply locally. Cabela's had my brand of stuff backordered. I also couldn't find a pound of Clean Shot anywhere in town. What to do? Hunting season opens in a week.

I made a trip to one of the local gunshops, and they introduced me to the Power Belt bullets. Legal for Colorado, without the sabots that have proven difficult to seat in my rifle, anyway. They also had a supply of Hodgdon's Triple 7, which I had not tried before.

So, I bought a supply of Power Belts, a pound of Triple 7, and off to the range this AM, along with 50 other folks sighting in for the upcoming season.

Man, these bullets are good!! Three shots with the new bullets and 100 gr. of Triple 7 to adjust my sights from the previous load, and I had the PBs shooting Dead Nutz at 100 yd. Four shots into 3", this with open sights. Bullets seat easily, being slightly underbore, and it was possible to seat bullets after several firings without wet-patching the bore. The Triple 7 cleans up easily, but not as well as the Clean Shot I have been using.

The Triple 7 is considerably hotter than either Clean Shot or Clear Shot, but its accuracy potential over the others is apparent.

Hope the next post has a whitetail picture attached!!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....