greggohrc;
I used the 130gr GMX out of my 22" barreled .270 last fall for two deer. The load uses IMR4350 and seems to average a fairly pedestrian 2850fps average.

The first buck was a 2nd rack mulie that went 109lbs carcass weight. He was hit at about 80yds with me about 30� below him.

The bullet hit the left scapula on entrance and shattered it. Then it took out two ribs, both upper lung lobes, two more ribs on the other side and exited leaving a 2" diameter exit wound.

The buck was visibly staggered by the shot and only managed a few steps before pitching off of a small cliff where I found it. There was a lot of blood sign where the buck stood where it was hit.
[Linked Image]

This is a close up of the entrance side scapula with meat on. One of the interesting things about using a homogeneous bullet is that even this shoulder cleaned up remarkably well and very little meat was lost.
[Linked Image]

The second deer was at least a 3rd rack whitetail that went 131bs into the cooler. It was hit about 175 yds away with the bullet creasing the scapula on entrance, breaking a rib, then traversing the lungs with about 2"-3" of damage to them. Another rib was broken on the exit side and the resulting exit wound was about 1�" in diameter.

The buck made perhaps 15 yards before expiring and the blood trail was what I would consider very good.
[Linked Image]

I was happy enough with the results that I am using them again this year when chasing mulies, whitetail and would use it for an immature bull moose if I'd ever run into one during season again.

Hopefully that was some use to you. Good luck on your upcoming hunts.

Regards,
Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"