Newbie here, but not to the forum worlds.

Well here are my questions. I searched and found multiple good and bad, but not everything I need. So here it goes;

I would like to find an inline for next season, now I mean I'll be likely to buy after this Christmas. We have mule deer, elk, moose, bear, well I'm in Utah so there. Anyway, most of the land I hunt is mountainous and draws with a hint of buck brush oak. Long range is a must, as well as good close action so really what I'm looking for a needle in a hay stack. Some of my long range shoots have been at 800 yards, and brush to 50 feet. Now I know 800 yards is out of the question, but even a good 400 yards would be nice. I usually only go for the mulies and elk.

Now here's the kicker; I have a bad right shoulder so I can't take the kick, and from what I've seen I am going to have trouble loading because of the pushing of the ram rod. So any thing out there will help in that area please advise me.

Also the look and functionality; with a bad shoulder I have usually gone with thumb hole stocks, laminate stocks (for added weight and ruggedness) and good outside thread muzzle breaks. I also want it Stainless and either gray wolf or camo color (including camo barrel if offered).

I would like an out of the box good gun with little need for playing around with 1,000 types of powder and bullets. Now I don't mind playing around and dialing it in, but something with some good history in the powder and bullet compatibility. Fine tuning isn't an issue, but it plays hell with my shoulder so a good building block to stand on is important.

I also would like the option of using white or powder / smokless and pellets as needed. (don't know if that's right?)

I would like to spend less then $500 for the gun or up to the $600's if it comes with a decent scope. Again, a good all around out of the box gun or combo. Now if I can find a good gun combo for $100, well I don't care as long as it works as intended for my use.

Thanks
~Rustin~

Here are our Utah muzzleloader 2011 rules:

Muzzleloaders
Utah Code � 23-20-3 and Utah Admin. Rule R657-5-10
Muzzleloaders may be used during any big
game hunt�except the archery hunt. To hunt
big game with a muzzleloader, your muzzleloader
must meet all of the following requirements:
� It can be loaded only from the muzzle.
� It must have open sights, peep sights or a
fixed non-magnifying 1x scope.
� It can have only one barrel, and the barrel
must be at least 18 inches long.
� It cannot be capable of firing more than
once without being reloaded.
� The powder and bullet�or powder, sabot
and bullet�cannot be bonded together as
one unit for loading.
� It must be loaded with black powder or a
black powder substitute. The black powder
or black power substitute cannot contain
nitrocellulose-based smokeless powder
� To hunt big game, you must use a lead or
expanding bullet or projectile that�s at least
40 caliber in size.
� If you�re hunting deer or pronghorn, your
bullet must be 130 grains or heavier, or your
sabot must be 170 grains or heavier.
� If you�re hunting elk, moose, bison, bighorn
sheep or Rocky Mountain goats, you must
use a 210-grain or heavier bullet, or a sabot
bullet that�s at least 240 grains.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.