I always have a list of rifles I want to build for myself and occasionally, I even get them built. More commonly though, they end up being "fantasy rifles" whuich are built and used only in my dreams. The advantage to a fantasy build is that it always looks better, shoots better, and carries better than the real thing. In addition, the hunts are always successful or the matches always won.
Sometimes, I even go so far as to actually build the rifle or at least start it. Here is my present list of rifles being built or which I plan to build.
1. A model 54 Winchester. This one will be a 30/06 and stocked in a fairly nice piece of black Walnut. Mauser bolt stop. Original trigger.
2. A Ruger No.1 in 30/40 Krag. I think I'll do a half-octagon barrel, 24" long. I'll use Talley rings for the Leupold 3x scope.
3. A Model 30 Remington in 280. I plan to stock this in myrtle though it's a bit on the heavy side. I'll alter the receiver to use a modified Mauser bolt stop/ ejector.
4. A Martini-Henry in 45/70
5. A 7x57 "F" class rifle. Hall action, Six stock, Benchmark barrel.
6. A 25/06 built on a MRC action. A heavy #4 contour 26" long. Scoped with a Leupold 8X Pioneer scope in Buehler mounts. Walnut stock configured to work well prone.
This is a partial list and is subject to change. I should be making significant progress by the time I'm 70. GD