Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD
Originally Posted by kyle1974
hmm... just dug up an article about Dan Cooper being an obama supporter, and was asked to resign as CEO of the company. It didn't say anything about the company buying him out, only that he resigned as CEO... so I have to wonder, if you buy a cooper, are you still putting your money towards an obama supporter?

Yah-that attitude makes alot of sense. Don't buy a rifle made in America. Buy a foreign rifle because a person gave a donation to a President you don't like?? Where is that logic coming from??

I own and have owned rifles from both companies. And both rifle are fantastic rifles. I lean toward the Cooper for a few reasons. But those reasons are minor in the scheme of things. I would think the biggest reason would be that the Coopers are American made, and that is pretty important to me. Maybe not to others.

You can't go wrong with either. I do believe you will be able to find a rifle with a little better wood if you search for a Cooper. The Sako's are pretty tough to find. Tom.

where that logic comes from is my decision not to support someone who helped put a person in office that I have a 180 degree polar opposite opinion on how the country should be lead.

I understand what you're saying about american made, however there are plenty of americans/american companies that I could care less about supporting, like proggressive insurance who donates millions of dollars every year to liberal political affiliations... do they have cheaper rates? probably so. Am I going to help support the liberal machine... not hardly.

If the dan cooper still has financial ties to cooper firearms, I can assure you I won't purchase one of the rifles. The only thing I could find indicated cooper was asked to step down as the president of the company. Being that he was one of the owners... there was nothing I saw that his ownership was bought out. You can't just "fire" a shareholder of a company... they have to be bought out. Perhaps he was, and I missed it though.

That said, I have a sako rifle, and it shoots great. There are a couple dealers in Houston that sell sako... I haven't come across one that sells cooper, other than collector firearms, and they are just a plain rip off. Maybe what I need to do is find a nice local custom builder (who doesn't support Obama)... kill two birds with one stone.

Last edited by kyle1974; 10/05/11.