Between Sako and Cooper, I believe Cooper rifles look better overall, I also like that Cooper rifles are made in the USA. I was PO'd when I heard Dan Cooper donated money to the dipshit's campaign but that issue was resolved swiftly and a response noted on their website shortly after.

I bought my Model 22 308 about ten years ago and the choice was easy, fantastic wood, a great reputation for building accurate rifles, a test target and made in the USA. I compared Cooper's to Kimber's and the Cooper fit and finish was much nicer.

I have hunted with mine but never had the opportunity to take a shot at game, it has been covered with mud, snow, rained on and I love it. I shoot it a lot off the bench and I never mind cleaning the barrel, just a few patches with CR10 and the barrel feels like butter.

Oh yeah, the trigger is awesome too.

My fun load for a decade has been a Sierra 168gr MK over 43.2 grains of 4064, three touching if the conditions are good and I am paying attention. I recently swapped scopes from a Sightron 4x16 to a Conquest 4.5x14 and finally to a Conquest 3x9. I also put a Phoenix stock on it since it spends a lot of time on the bench and I have not even had a chance to bed it.

This is why I love my Cooper, brand new load, first four groups with 155gr Scenar's over Varget, 45.5-47.0, 1/2 grain apart. If it likes the bullet, it does not take a lot of groups to find the sweet spot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RDW; 10/09/11.

Dave