Ive been hunting now for 40 plus years mostly for elk, but a bunch of average size mule deer and a few dozen reasonably large hogs have also been collected,
I always see guys pitching the use of premium bullets and I can easily see why if your using a 30 cal or smaller caliber pushing a bullet to over 2800fps, but Id point out that I seldom see any need for anything more exotic that a common speer, hornady,remington or winchester bullet if you select a reasonable bullet design with at least a .260 sectional density and if you select a 338-378,375,.458 caliber rifle and keep the muzzle velocitys semi reasonable, in almost every case Ive seen where a bullet shredded on impact it was the result of some guy pushing too light weight of a bullet for the application to excess velocities.
my late hunting partner used a 358 win caliber BLR for years, Ive used a 35 whelen and a 358 win, plus a 375 H&H and 338/06, 30/06 and 340 wby, some of the guys in our camp use a 45/70 or other calibers like a 308 win, and what I consistently see is a good standard bullet placed correctly does the job regardless, of caliber if it holds together and they usually do just fine at expanding and penetration,if your not pushing them past about 2800fps at the muzzle and can place them in the heart/lung area.