Well, Dom and anyone else following this thread, here's the newest on the availability of that ammuntion, at least from the folks I got it from (Midway USA).

"Thanks for your recent email concerning the availability of RWS ammunition. I apologize, but the ammunition you had referenced in your email has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Unfortunately, this mean that we will not be carrying this product again; unless they decide to start making it again. If they do so, there is a chance of us carrying it again, but I cannot guarantee this."

So, Dom or anyone else over there in the EEC, Australia, Asia, has this ammuntion (RWS 6.5X55SE DK 9,1g) been discontinued there also, or did RWS decide to no longer market it in the USA?

Dom, I may have to look into getting an import licence and take you up on your offer grin. But I'm a nice guy and if I did I'd have to send you some $$ for them. More than likely what I'll do is try working up a load now that I know how great that gun will shoot. I have some Barnes triple shocks I want to check into anyway. With the previous factory loads I tried (Winchester, Remington, Privi) I got "decent" groups but figured I could sell the gun for 2x more than I paid for it and use the proceeds to buy a Weatherby vanguard, Thompson Center venture, or similar with guaranteed accuracy claims. Granted I wouldn't have the ability to change calibers as in the SHR970, but I could buy two of those named rifles for about what the SHR's are selling for now.

The best thing of all, I was getting my gear ready for the start of the deer season tomorrow and found another 20rd box of the DK's in with my .30-06 ammo! Yippee, now I have about 30 rounds and with good shooting maybe I can get through a couple of more seasons. I'll just use my other ammo for trigger time practice.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?