As many of you know I had a great hunt last week and took my first Montana wolf.

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5756575/Finally_got_my_wolf#Post5756575

Any way, I thought it would be very appropriate to celebrate this hunt by at least "trying" to eat him. I cut out his backstraps which truly looked like great cuts of meat. I then took it to my neighbor who used to own a meat shop and catering business. He and I made up a special "Molloy Marinade" (named after fed judge Molloy who has meddled with this hunt for years). It was a mix of red wine, olive oil, kosher salt, pepper and a few dashes of spices that I couldn't identify. We let it soak for 48 hours and last night at a neighborhood celebration party we grilled the wolf! On my honor as a hunter, I will say with complete truthfulness, the meat was EXCELLENT! There were a few folks who just couldn't get past the thought of wolf meat but for those that tried it, they were shocked. It was tender, moist and had great flavor. One guest who is a serious cook said that if people knew what this tasted like they would be shooting a lot more wolves. When it was over, several people took chunks home to share with their friends. I am now regretting not harvesting more of the meat to try as a roast and even make into jerky. I am writing this about 12hrs after dinner last night. It will soon be time to take a quick walk in the woods and return the old boy to the earth from which he came, just as I am sure he would have done for me had our encounter on that day ended differently.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"