Originally Posted by Kenneth
Dink, point taken. If your another one of the guys who can handle the recoil of a mag and still shoot just as accurate then go for it.

But every time I'm around people who cant shoot it's apparent their fearful of the kick their about to receive.

I've seen/heard it time after time.

A person who can shoot/afford/handle long range practice with an '06 is likely going to be a killing machine,

A person who flinches when he pulls the trigger on his Mag is just fooling himself, and his success rate will show it.

I too have seen alot of guys like this with thier new magnum rifles. I believe though that these same guys would be bad shots with any centerfire rifle. They are trying to buy skill by using the latest and greatest cartridge which usually says magnum on it.

I think anyone that can shoot/handle a 30-06 can shoot any magnum rifle up to .338 winchester. They want to be a good shot and will be a good shot with whatever rifle cartridge they decide to use.

There is no secret to shooting magnum rifles well. All it takes is someone that has the "want to" and not afraid of burning a few pounds of powder.

Dink