Originally Posted by FoldersUnite
Hey EdT,

Could you compare and contrast this shelter to the Kifaru Sawtooth. Looks quite similar on paper, and of course I'd want to go with the lighter option, providing it can sleep 2 side by side. Planning to use a large air mattress (double or queen?) for 2 people, as opposed to single pads.

Tam,

There is plenty of room for side by side sleeping in the BC shelter.

As far as comparisons between the BC and the Sawtooth, there are differences and there are similarities. They both offer walk in head room, built in stove jacks, guy out points, made in the USA of American material, etc.
The BC is smaller in space, lighter, has an optional, zip-in expander panel to make it a 4 man shelter and costs less.

They are both, IMO excellent shelters. As I stated in the introduction of the BC Shelter, I was looking for the lightest, 7' tall, two man shelter. My experiences with a modified ID George tarp led to the collaboration between Kevin and myself and the Ed T/ Seekoutside Backcountry Shelter.

I don't want to get into a point by point review of the two, as I obivously have an interest in the BC shelter and therefore I wouldn't come across as unbiased. I have no doubt that you would be happy with either. To me, a slightly smaller living area was worth the 1 3/4 lb weight savings.

Ed T