Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Bearbacker: Beware of Glock 22 40 caliber naysayers.
I have a LOT of first hand experience with Glock 22's!
I have been shooting, carrying professionally, qualifying with and depending on 40 caliber Glocks of various models for more than 20 years now!
All I have ever shot for practice and qualifications are full house (full power) self defense loads!
With nary a glitch or problem of any kind to date!
In fact for many years I stood side by side with up to 20 other professionals shooting 40 caliber Glocks (again with full power factory loadings!) and never saw a problem with any of those hundreds of Glock 22's!
I highly recommend the Glock 22's (especially if they have the night sights and high capacity magazines!).
If these are LE turn in's then recommend to your son that he manuever to be able to look over as many of the Glocks as possible and find one that shows little wear cosmetically - Glocks hold their value rather well if shopped for and bought carefully.
I carried professionally for 10 years a Glock 22 with nights sights and two extra, high capacity magazines - with this outfit I never questioned my ability to quickly and completely defend myself or carry out my duties.
I now carry (plains clothes bodyguarding and robbery suppression details) a Glock Model 23 with night sights and two extra magazines.
If you are using top shelf factory ammo you won't have a problem with a Glock 22 - I am rather certain of that.
Best of luck to your son if he decides to go with the Glock 22.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

WHAT NIGHT SIGHTS DO YOU USE? I USE A MODEL 22 FOR PRAC PISTOL COMP!